- I need accountability – I am very lazy by nature. It’s a weakness. I don’t deny it any more.
- Do more due diligence when going into business or partnering with someone – I once heard that if you want to know what someone is like, figure out their three people who are around them most of the time and ask them what they are like and watch what the person does.
- It’s a total bummer, but don’t trust people out right. – This one kind of goes along the one above, but I put my faith/trust in too many people who didn’t deserve it.
- I am not in control and that’s okay. 2010 has been a hard time for me financially and emotionally. I’ve applied to over 120 jobs in 2010, received 10 phone calls back, and 5 job offers.
- God is in control. Since returning to Korea. I’ve burned through my savings of $30,000. God has given me side jobs and projects here and there to survive till now. Even with some of the poor decisions I’ve made this year. Buying a car out of my price range, living in the most expensive apartment in Irvine. (Speaking of which if you’re interested in moving to the Park at the Spectrum and want to split the referral fee 50/50 let me know)
- I need to work on my selling skills or partner with someone who is good at sales. I realized I am very bad at talking to people about buying my services and products. I don’t know where this insecurity comes from.
- Surround yourself with people you want to be like. I consistently went to the gym for 16 weeks and hung out with people who go to the gym. Wife, came back and everything went out the window.
- If you don’t initiate nothing is going to happen. I’ve tried to build a couple of relationships at church and around the apartment, but they don’t come “naturally.” You have to make an effort or nothings going to happen.
- I know it sounds cheesy, but I have a passion for helping people find their passions. I love watching people’s eyes light up when I help them dream and search out what they love.
- Progress is gradual. Babies don’t come out in one day. I can’t have a super-rich person mindset over night. You can’t lose 50 lbs in one night and live.
- Bonus. Learn from other peoples’ mistakes rather than make your own. I’m still learning how to learn from others.
I hope I don’t forget what I learned in 2010, but I’m afraid some of these lessons I will.
Interactive Part: What are some lessons you learned in 2010? Extra Credit: What is one lesson you want to learn in 2011?