I thought this was entertaining. I don’t know if its real or not.
I’m going to become a better teacher.
I’m rim-waver teacher also known as “50:50 Notion.”
Watch the Video.
It’s worth investing 9 minutes.
- There must be hope
- What do I need to do so that you are successful.
- Jump in that pit! I’ve been in here before and let me show you the way out.
- Growth Mindset – I don’t know it now, but with enough effort and resources I can learn it.
- Not 50:50 more like 60:40 or even (teachers) 90:10 (students) effort
- Make the content so interesting that the student will want to drink from it.
- Failure is preferred
- Recovery from being in a blind area is better
- You have to do something 24 times to get 80% proficiency
- Are my projects transformative?
- Editors – save the writer from himself.
- Don’t let the immaturity or lack of development dictate the rise of the student.
- Our bodies change our minds and our minds can change our behavior and our behavior can change our outcomes
- Do power poses for at least 2 minutes frequently to give yourself confidence
- Fake it till you become it
- Try the power poses
Brené Brown studies human connection — our ability to empathize, belong, love. In a poignant, funny talk, she shares a deep insight from her research, one that sent her on a personal quest to know herself as well as to understand humanity.
Interesting Ted Talk.
- Connection gives purpose and meaning to our lives
- If you cannot measure it, It does not exist
- We need to believe in worthiness
- Vulnerability – birthplace of joy, belonging, creativity, and love
- We numb vulnerability then you numb everything
- We make the uncertain to certain
- Blame – a way to discharge pain and discomfort
- We pretend that what we do doesn’t effect people
- Be authentic and real and say it
- Let ourselves be seen, love with our whole hearts even though there is no guarantee
- Practice gratitude and lean into joy
- Believe: I am enough
Interesting observations by our head of schools Mr. Corcoran,
- Shame drives the behavior of our students
- Shame drives the behavior of our parents
- What would happen if we were able to love our students and that they weren’t always judged by their academic performance, and college acceptances.
Amazing what some guts and practice can do.
Here’s my application video for Apple Distinguished Educator (ADE).
I’ll update the post when I get the results.