Noah Kagan Bio
Currently Cheif Sumo at AppSumo. Noah went to Berkeley and double majored because he couldn’t figure out the pure science side of business and economics. He wasted a year at Intel. Noah ended up being number 30 at Facebook, number four at Mint, and then he started a company called KickFlip, which became Gambit, which is one of the leading payment companies for social games.
Warning: Swears a lot.
Links to Videos
- Growth Hack Noah Kagan Video 1
- Growth Hack Noah Kagan Video 2 – Lovegasm
- Growth Hack Noah Kagan Video 3 – Lovegasm Part 2
- Work on something you actually care about – you’ll stick around much longer
- Totem Pole of Priorities – Think I love my payment processor – (bottom of my totem pole), top of totem pole – would be helping your customers. Work on something where you are on the top of of the totem pole with your customers. You need to add value. Serve/sell something you will actually pay for. Are you meeting their needs. The pyramid of value – 1% exceed expectations, 10%, 89% provides need.
- Best Marketing is a great product. Make a product that people really love.
- The Six Steps to a Lovegasm –
- The Hells – Hell Yeah or Hell No. AKA the rules. What do we stand for?
- Value – Not about money (cheap or expensive). People get 10 times more value than that they are paying. Don’t notice price… when you provide enough value.
- Consistency –
- Authentic – run the business the way you are.
- Surprise – It gets you to the 1 %, don’t do the same thing all the time. Stick out and be memorable.
- Personal – make it personal. Noah contacted the first 1000 customers to Appsumo personally.