Create something that will make the world awesome.
I love Disney story telling.
Brené Brown studies human connection — our ability to empathize, belong, love. In a poignant, funny talk, she shares a deep insight from her research, one that sent her on a personal quest to know herself as well as to understand humanity.
Interesting Ted Talk.
- Connection gives purpose and meaning to our lives
- If you cannot measure it, It does not exist
- We need to believe in worthiness
- Vulnerability – birthplace of joy, belonging, creativity, and love
- We numb vulnerability then you numb everything
- We make the uncertain to certain
- Blame – a way to discharge pain and discomfort
- We pretend that what we do doesn’t effect people
- Be authentic and real and say it
- Let ourselves be seen, love with our whole hearts even though there is no guarantee
- Practice gratitude and lean into joy
- Believe: I am enough
Interesting observations by our head of schools Mr. Corcoran,
- Shame drives the behavior of our students
- Shame drives the behavior of our parents
- What would happen if we were able to love our students and that they weren’t always judged by their academic performance, and college acceptances.
Amazing what some guts and practice can do.
Do you want success as much as you want to breath?
Amazing teacher. Need More. Hope I can become one too some day.
Here’s my application video for Apple Distinguished Educator (ADE).
I’ll update the post when I get the results.